Managers Meeting, San Francisco, 31 January - 1 February 2012
On 31 January – 1 February 2012, a CEPHIA Management Meeting was held at the Blood Systems Research Institute, San Francisco. On the first day, laboratory training was held for the qualification panel assessments. On the second day, a management meeting was held.
The following CEPHIA members attended the management meeting: Mike Busch, Chris Pilcher, Sheila Keating, Elaine McKinney, Shelly Facente, Reshma Kassanjee, David Matten, Jeff MacArthur (telephonically: Gary Murphy and Alex Welte).
On the first day, individuals who will be running the Limiting Antigen Assay at the testing sites (as part of the qualification panel assessment) were trained by representatives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). An overview of the BioRad Avidity Assay was also provided. A parallel meeting was held for discussion of the database and data formats and reporting.
On the second day, the following topics were discussed at the management meeting:
- Increasing awareness of CEPHIA through upcoming conferences.
- Laboratory procedures: The multiple testing of specimens within labs and in different labs to investigate reproducibility, the testing platforms, and the labelling system.
- The development of panels: The composition of the current qualification panel, and of future panels.
- The repository, and specimen shipment and storage.
- Possible further assays to consider.
- The future of the repository and project.
- The website and data analysis.
The following presentations were given:
- Data analysis (Reshma Kassanjee)
- CEPHIA database (David Matten)